Who we are: Cousino Restoration is a family owned and operated emergency response contracting business with over 44 years of experience restoring homes and businesses throughout Ohio and Michigan. We pride ourselves on personal and professional service! We’re in the business of restoring lives. Sound interesting? Visit www.cousinorestoration.com for more information about who we are and what we do.
Who we’re looking for: Our cleaning technicians are the heartbeat of our company. Being at the forefront of disaster restoration, you’ll find yourself helping people out of tough situations each and every day. We are looking for candidates that will want to find a career path within our organization. This is an entry level position that is the first contact with homeowners, business owners and others who have had a disaster to their property. The ideal candidates are punctual, thorough but fast and eager to learn. Experience in Construction, Architecture, Engineering or a related industry is preferred. If you are ready to take your career to the next level with a fast-paced and growing organization, this opportunity is for you.
What you’ll do: Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, the Cleaning Technicians has a basic understanding of restoration techniques used in cleaning content and structures is preferred. Our technicians will include structural cleaning as well as content packing, listing, photographing, manipulation and restorative cleaning, debris disposal, poly and prep containment set up and removal. In addition, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining a consistent corporate brand and message consistent with our core values and which targets the company’s strategic objectives and goals.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Provide sound cleaning practices at customer job sites and in the warehouse for content processing, including but not limited to packing, listing, photographing, manipulating, and transporting content, when necessary.
- Process all content according to industry standards and regardless of their condition ensuring they are returned to the customer or disposed of as directed by the Warehouse Manager.
- Provide excellent customer service while working under time constraints to meet specific timelines.
- Provide sound cleaning practices at customer job sites for structures, including but not limited to prepping set up and take down, cleaning ceiling, walls, doors, baseboards, casings, countertops, fixtures, floors and appliances, as required.
- Follow a Safety First mindset. Ensure all Health and Safety policies and procedures are followed and provide a safe working environment, including safe operation of machines and equipment.
- Practice good housekeeping at all times to ensure a safe and non-cluttered worksite.
- Become familiar with various chemical products, including their proper use, disposal and Safety Data Sheets.
- Ensure attention to detail and keen sense of safeguarding other people’s property and information.
- Comply with all Cousino Restoration policies and procedures, as well as legislative requirements.
- Proactively communicate job site conditions and concerns that may or are affecting completion of the job to the appropriate person.
- Attend all Cousino Restoration sponsored training courses.
What you bring to the table:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Comprehensive understanding of customer service, principles and practices.
- A sense of urgency. You’re proactive and anticipate the business’ needs and know how to react appropriately.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills and feel comfortable in front of all audiences.
- You’re eligible to operate a motor vehicle per Cousino Restoration’s vehicle policy.
- You can work within a team, or independently, as needed.
- You thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- You have basic computer/tablet skills and experience with various apps and programs such as Excel or Word.
- You’re willing to work evenings, on call, and weekends when requested.
Where you’ll work: This job sometimes operates mostly in the field at work sites or client locations in a sometimes in our warehouse. There will be sustained periods of standing, walking, sitting, bending, or kneeling. Frequently you could be lifting 5-40 pounds, unassisted. Occasionally you could be using team lifting technicques to lift 41+ pounds. You could be in areas that are confined or limit your access or mobility. Additionally, there may be times where you could be working at various heights, over 5 feet, when necessary. Travel is primarily local during the business day.
What we offer: In addition to a competitive salary; medical, dental and life insurance; 401k; paid vacation and holidays, we offer our team training opportunities and a career path development plan. We treat our employees like family and we take care of family.
If you are interested in applying, please fill out the form above and submit a resume for review.
Cousino Restoration is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.