Storm Season Planning Checklist
Insurance and Employees
- Understand your location and any critical risks that may affect your facility.
- Evaluate your insurance – Partner with an expert to make sure that yourbusiness is covered.
- Ensure all crucial Documents and Records are stored or backed up electronically. Ensure these records are Secured with multiple backups or stored in the cloud.
- Inventory all equipment, valuables, vehicles and facilities.
- Establish an Emergency Response plan.
- Have an Emergency Response Partner in place.
- Ensure planning for employees in the event of business interruption, this includes protocols for work schedules, emergency contact information, emergency payroll, housing and planning.
- Supplies and materials for business to operate stored.
- Prepare for Flooding – if your facility is on a flood plane prepare emergency supplies.
- Generator or back up power options – Fuel and Service regularly.
- Inspect all Fire Safety equipment
- Have a Continuity/Protection plan in place for equipment and key operational items.
- inspect storm drains and clear of debris.
- Inspect Roof, Secure any equipment and check for damage.
- Inspect Exterior of structure, brace and secure any exterior equipment.
- Inspect all entrances, windows, seals and locks.
- Ensure exterior storage areas are secured and free of debris.
- Complete list of vendors and emergency contacts
- Ensure all landscaping and trees are Properly maintained and trimmed where required and supported or propped where necessary.